Deciding to have a dog as part of your family is a big commitment. Before you decide to own a dog, consider the level of care you will be able to provide the animal. Dogs need lots of love, affection, exercise, and care to live a happy and healthy life.
Here are some basic dog care tips for every pet owner:
- Dogs must have access to clean drinking water at all times. (You should clean a dog’s water bowl with soap and water at least once every few days to prevent bacteria from growing inside the bowl.)
- Dog should be fed high-nutrition dog food.
- Dogs need adequate shelter from heat, cold, wind, snow, rain, and other weather conditions.
- Dogs should be bathed on a regular basis and treated with flea and ticket prevention.
- Dogs need frequent exercise in the form of playing, running, and jumping. Exercise helps to relive stress for both you and the dog itself. It also helps to keep their bodies healthy.
- Veterinary care and yearly check-ups to make sure your pet is in superb health.
- Never hitch, tie, or fasten a dog to a tether, runner, or chain as a method of pet containment.